USMLE Step 1 Community
USMLE Step 1 Community
154 followers
Posted by Anusree Chalamalasetty  |  20 Mar 2024
20 Mar 2024

new disease!

did not hear about this disease before, must review

Question:
A newborn baby is brought to the pediatrician by his parents for a regular checkup. The baby is feeding well and there are no concerns. On physical examination, the baby's weight, length, and head circumference are all on the 50th percentile. However, you notice that the baby has a large tongue, hypotonia, and an umbilical hernia. Which genetic condition is most likely present?
Options:
A)Marfan syndrome
B)Turner syndrome
C)Edward's syndrome
D)Down syndrome
E)Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome
→ View this question

new disease!

did not hear about this disease before, must review

Question:
A newborn baby is brought to the pediatrician by his parents for a regular checkup. The baby is feeding well and there are no concerns. On physical examination, the baby's weight, length, and head circumference are all on the 50th percentile. However, you notice that the baby has a large tongue, hypotonia, and an umbilical hernia. Which genetic condition is most likely present?
Options:
A)Marfan syndrome
B)Turner syndrome
C)Edward's syndrome
D)Down syndrome
E)Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome
→ View this question
20 Mar 2024

Thank you! Can someone help me with the percentiles in pediatric age group? what is the ideal range? i've seen it mentioned in a lot of usmle questions and realized i had the wrong idea about them

Thank you! Can someone help me with the percentiles in pediatric age group? what is the ideal range? i've seen it mentioned in a lot of usmle questions and realized i had the wrong idea about them